Music just makes everything better, doesn't it? Even our workouts can be more high energy with music. Listening to music while exercising doesn’t just relieve boredom, studies have shown that music can significantly increase the duration of exercise and can help improve the quality of our workouts by helping to increase our stamina. Music is also a wonderful mood booster!
Music that is motivational and synchronized with your workouts is also shown to have physical and psychological benefits. For example, when a song has a strong, steady beat you naturally feel drawn to run or pedal to the beat of the music. This can inspire you to push yourself a little harder and exercise longer without even realizing it.
Music also helps to distract us from time. A 30-minute workout may seem like a long time (and let's be honest, it is if you are starring at a clock counting down the minutes) but turn on some great songs that you enjoy listening to and before you know it, you've knocked out a 30 minute, maybe even longer, workout that you actually enjoyed!
Music can also have a positive psychological effect by increasing serotonin levels, which can put you in a better mood for your workout. Listening to uplifting praise and worship music during my workouts definitely helps me to get more out of my exercise experience. Since everyone has a different ideal workout pace and intensity, determining exactly which tempos work best for you may be a trial-and-error process. It's important that you don't get moving so fast that you don't have good form.
I am asked all the time about the music I use during my Faithful Workouts videos and thought it would be great to share this song list with you for an energizing 30-minute cardio/dance workout! Add them to your Google Playlist, Apple Music or Spotify workout song list so you can take them with you on your next walk, run, bike ride or dance your way around your living room. Dancing is a great, fun option for cardio and so good for the brain (dancing as even been shown to reduce the risk of dementia and Alzheimers).
Here is a list of 50 more songs I love too that you can check out and add to your Christian playlists!
1. Cory Asbury - The Father's House -
2. Hillsong Worship - Who You Say I Am
3. Elevation Worship - See A Victory
4. Zach Williams, Dolly Parton - There Was Jesus
5. KING & COUNTRY, Echosmith - God Only Knows by for
6. We The Kingdom - Child Of Love
7. Matthew West - Do Something
8. Lauren Daigle - You Say
9. Jordan Page - Hour of Change
10. Danny Gokey - Haven't Seen It Yet
11. Bethel - Stand In Your Love
12. Jeremy Camp - Dead Man Walking
13. Pat Barrett - Build My Life (ft. Cory Asbury)
14. JJ Weeks Band - Let Them See You
15. Casting Crowns - Only Jesus
16. MercyMe - Best News Ever
17. Lauren Daigle - Look Up Child
18. For All Seasons - Higher
19. Sanctus Real - Confidence
20. Cory Asbury - Dear God
21. Elevation Worship - Here Again
22. Unspoken - Open the Clouds
23. MercyMe - Flawless
24. Phil Wickham - Living Hope
35. Crowder - Red Letters
36. Matt Maher - What a Friend
37. North Point Worship - "Love Come Down"
38. Zach Williams - Fear Is a Liar
39. Lauren Daigle - Still Rolling Stones
40. Chris Tomlin - Resurrection Power
41. Elevation Worship - O Come to the Altar |
42. Tenth Avenue North - Control
43. Hillsong Young & Free - Alive
44. MercyMe - Even If
45. Crowder - All My Hope ft. Tauren Wells
46. Matthew West - Broken Things
47. King Kaleidoscope - Grace Alone
48. Jeremy Camp - Word Of Life
49. Sidewalk Prophets - Live Like That
50. Mandisa - Unfinished
If you are new to Faithful Workouts, we are an online Christian community sharing how to create a healthy lifestyle around faith, fitness, food and fun. We have hundreds of workouts from strength training, cardio to Faithful Yoga, meal plans, fitness app and more.