This recipe is so easy, I am almost embarrassed to post it, but it is just too good to not share!
You just literally put everything in the slow cooker and let it go! After the chicken is fork tender, just pull it apart and it is ready to serve! I garnish with cilantro, but you can always serve with tortilla chips, cheese or light sour cream.....maybe even some jalapeños for extra heat.
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (trimmed)
- 1 package of taco seasoning ( I use the lower sodium mix)
- 1 can black beans ( rinsed and drained)
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can Rotel
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 mild pepper chopped (Any kind of pepper you prefer here, or even a can of chopped chilis)
- 2 cups peeled and diced tomatoes
- Fresh corn kernel from 2 ears of corn ( I actually add these in later, because I love the crunch)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Black pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Cheese, tortilla chips or strips to garnish (optional)
Trim the chicken breasts and place in crock pot or other slow cooker. Sprinkle on the taco seasoning. Add all other ingredients and cook all 6-7 hours on low or 4-5 hours on high. Pull apart the cooked chicken with two forks. I usually add the fresh corn about 1-2 hours before serving but that is completely up to you, I just like the slight crunch of the fresh corn! Enjoy this fiesta in a bowl!
This recipe is from Lisa Jarvis. For more of her recipes go to her blog at www.foodforthought.today