Skip to content
Pad Thai with Vegetable Noodles
- 2 lbs. chicken breasts (substitute tofu for vegetarian option)
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1 large carrot
- 1 handful bean sprouts
- small bunch of green onions
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 1 tbs. liquid amino acids (or soy sauce)
- 2 tsp. fish sauce
- 1 tbs. freshly minced ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed and minced
- 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- 1 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- Salt & Pepper for seasoning the chicken.
- Chopped cashews for garnish (optional).
- Chopped cilantro for garnish (optional).
- Season chicken (or tofu) with salt and pepper, and a little bit of the cayenne pepper and ginger powder.
- In your crock, add your coconut milk and chicken stock. Stir well.
- Add olive oil, liquid amino acids, fish sauce, ginger, garlic, 2 green onions chopped including the whites, cayenne, and red pepper.
- Stir well.
- Place chicken breasts into your base liquid.
- Turn your zucchinis into veggie noodles with your spiral slicer, or slice them into long, thin pieces, shred your carrots, and wash your bean sprouts.
- Toss your zucchini noodles, carrots, and bean sprouts together on your counter to mix them well.
- Nest, or balance your veggie noodles on top of your liquid and meat base in your slow cooker, and press down every so slightly. The goal is for them to be steamed, not stewed.
- Cook for 3.5 to 4 hours on low if you are using a 4-Quart Slow cooker.
- Cook for no more than 6 hours on low (5 is ideal) if you are using a 6-Quart slow cooker.
- To serve, remove the noodles first and set aside, making sure they are strained of any retained liquid.
- Remove your chicken breasts and chop into strips. Add back some of the remaining sauce/broth from the crock to the meat and mix well.
- Place your meat and sauce over your noodles, and garnish with green onions (scallions), chopped cilantro, and chopped cashews. Enjoy!