- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup ground flax seed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar - can substitue other sweeteners
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup coconut oil - melted
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup skim milk (or dairy-free optional)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 medium apples chopped finely
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 12-muffin tin very well.
1. Mix all ingredients together, and mix well.
2. Pour batter into muffin pan and bake for 15 - 18 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean and muffins just barely start to pull away from the sides of the tin.
Flaxseeds are so good for you. They are an Omega 3 fat. They have great fiber (so drink lots of water), they help with bone health, diabetes, heart disease, cancer, they’re a natural anti-inflammatory and more. Try this easy recipe and start getting healthier!!