- 1/2 cup onions, finely diced
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs, preferably whole wheat or use brown rice for gluten-free
- 2 tblsp. plain yogurt (use plain Greek cultured coconut milk for dairy-free)
- 1 tsp. hot sauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 15 ounce can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels, organic
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt (use plain Greek cultured coconut milk for dairy-free)
- 1 tsp. canned, minced chipotle chili (check to see if gluten-free)
Put all burger ingredients into a bowl except the corn and mash with a fork. Add corn and stir. Divide mixture into fourths. Shape into a patty and refrigerate for at least 10 min. Place patties on baking pan and broil on low heat about 10” from heat. After 5 minutes or when burgers are slightly browned, flip and cook an additional 4-5 minutes.
For sauce: mix yogurt and chipotle chilies
Place burger on a whole wheat bun, slice of while wheat toast, lettuce leaf or gluten-free bread, spread chipotle sauce over burger and top with a large lettuce leaf.