- 1/2 cup farro (use quinoa for gluten-free)
- 1 bunch (about 10 ounces) Tuscan, dino, or lacinato kale
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
- 1 15.5-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
wash and dry kale (cut out ribs if you prefer) and roughly chop.
Transfer the chopped kale to a big mixing bowl. Whisk together the olive oil and lemon juice. Pour over the kale leaves. Use your hands to work the dressing into the kale leaves. Continue massaging the leaves until the kale has softened and feels silky, 1-2 minutes.
Pour the farro and the drained chickpeas over the kale and toss to combine. Taste and add a sprinkle of salt or another squeeze of lemon if desired.