- Olive Oil – 1 Tblsp
- Chicken – 4 breast with bone (I did it with skin but can use skinless)
- Chicken Broth – ¾ cup (If you need gluten free check to be sure your brand is)
- Celery – 4 stalks diced
- Carrots – 2 large peeled and diced
- Onion – 1 medium diced
- Zucchini – 1 large diced
- Mushrooms – 1 cup diced (I used shitake but use your favorite)
- Peas - 1/2 Cup
- Flour – 2 TBSP (use corn starch, rice or almond flour for gluten-free)
- Skim Milk – 1 cup (or substitute dairy-free almond, coconut, or cashew milk)
- Chicken Broth – ¾ cup
- Yogurt – ¾ cup plain (or substitute dairy-free yogurt)
- Rosemary – 1 TBSP
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Heat over medium heat 1 TBSP oil in large pan, add chicken skin side down. Cook until skin is browned (about 7 minutes) add ¾ cup broth and all vegetables except peas. Cover and cook on low heat for 40 minutes or until vegetables are softening.
In saucepan heat 2 TBSP oil and whisk in flour. When mixed and clumps are gone add milk and broth. Whisk until smooth. Add yogurt and rosemary. Cook on low heat until sauce begins to thicken.
Add sauce and peas to chicken and vegetables and cook on low for an additional 15 minutes.
Pour over white or brown rice, quinoa or couscous.