- Two 6 oz. trout fillets (or your favorite fish)
- 2 tbsp flour (can use reg. or almond)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt, pepper,
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- 2 tbsp butter (for dairy free use alternative or olive oil)
- 1/3 cup of mixed fresh herbs, minced (I suggest parsley, tarragon, basil)
- 1 cup sliced assorted mushrooms
Coat each side of fish with flour. Heat olive oil in pan. When the pan is hot add the fish and cook over medium heat. Cook approx. 3 min. (the thicker the fish the lower you will need to cook it). Flip and cook an additional 3 min.
In a separate pan, turn heat to medium and add in butter. Once melted, add in the mushrooms. Cover and cook for 5 min or until mushrooms soften. Add the lemon juice and the fresh herbs and mix around for about 30 seconds. Remove from heat. Plate the fish fillets and pour 1/2 the mushroom and herb sauce over each piece.
Makes around 4 servings