- 1 large lemon
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breasts, about 1 pound
- 2 cups diced strawberries
- 2 ripe medium peaches, peeled and diced
- ¼ cup minced red onion
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced jalapeño chili
Preheat grill or broiler. Zest lemon to make about 1 teaspoon; set aside. Juice lemon to make 4 tablespoons.
In a shallow bowl combine 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 teaspoon honey, garlic, 1½ teaspoons oil, salt, and pepper. Add chicken, coat both sides with marinade, and let sit.
In a medium bowl combine strawberries, peaches, onion, bell pepper, jalapeño, lemon zest, and remaining lemon juice, honey, and oil.
Remove chicken from marinade (discard marinade). If using a grill, place chicken on a lightly oiled grill rack. If using a broiler, set chicken on a nonstick broiler pan and place rack 4 inches from heat. Cook 2 to 3 minutes per side or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat registers 170°F. Divide chicken and salsa among 4 plates and serve.