- 4 small eggplants (about 13 ounces)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
1. Preheat oven to 450°.
2. Cut each eggplant into 1/4-inch slices, cutting to, but not through, stem end. Fan eggplants, and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush 1 1/2 tablespoons oil evenly over eggplant slices. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes; remove from oven. Press eggplants gently to fan slices. Brush eggplants with 1 1/2 teaspoons oil; sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until flesh is tender and edges are browned and slightly crisp.
3. Drizzle remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil evenly over eggplants; sprinkle with herbs.