- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch kale, ribs removed, leaves very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dates
- 1 apple - organic is preferable
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 ounce pecorino or parmesan cheese , finely grated (1/4 cup) (optional)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Whisk together the lemon juice & olive oil. Add the kale, toss to coat and let stand 10 minutes.
While the kale stands, dice the dates and apple. Add the dates, apples, almonds, eggs and cheese to the kale. Season with salt and pepper and toss well.
Add Cooked Diced Chicken if you want to make it a heartier meal.