This tasty and hearty soup is part of our 3-day menu plan
. This menu plan is designed to allow you to make the most out of your food and meal prep. For this particular dish,we are assuming that you already have completed some of our 3-day menu plan prep work.
Here is the prep-work that is relevant for this recipe:
Bake 2 potatoes ahead of time. Once they're cool, slice potatoes up into small, bite-sized pieces.
Cook up some Italian sausage. Cut up into pieces once cool, and set aside 1 cup of it for your soup.
- 1 cup of milk (if needing dairy free I recommend oat or almond)
- 2 cups, chicken stock
- 1 cooked sweet potatoes, diced
- 4 cups of kale, taking out the ribs
- 4 oz Italian Sausage (can use ground chicken or make it without meat)
- *optional, sliced avocado
In a pot, pour in chicken stock (or you could use vegetable broth). Next pour in your milk, and then mix in your sweet potatoes. Add in your kale (with the tough ribs removed), and then cook this soup on medium or medium-high heat until the soup starts to simmer, and then reduce the heat and cook for an additional 10 minutes until kale is entirely wilted.