- 1 Bunch Lacinato or Tuscan Kale
- 1/3 cup Whole Grain Breadcrumbs* ( or substitute gluten-free breadcrumbs)
- 1/4 cup Parmigianino Cheese (optional)
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 2 Tblsp. Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 2-3 Cloves of Garlic
- Pinch of Red Pepper Flakes
- **12 steamed shrimp optional
*To make the bread crumbs, toast day old bread, set it aside for 15 minutes, break into small pieces.
Fold the Kale leaves in ½ and cut away the hard spine (discard spine). Chop the remaining leaves of Kale. Put kale in large mixing bowl. In a blender combine oil, lemon juice, garlic and red pepper and mix. Add the breadcrumbs & cheese to kale, pour dressing over and toss.
The great thing with this Kale salad is it stays fresh for several days in the fridge!! Kale is so good for you try adding it to your favorite soup or stir fry!!