- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into pieces (sub. 8 oz. diced tofu for vegetarian)
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed or finely chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 Jar drained artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1 tsp. oregano
- black pepper
- 3 cups Quinoa (uncooked) and 6 cups water
Cook the quinoa according to the package.
In large pan add olive oil and saute garlic, onion and chicken until no pink remains and chicken begins to brown. Sprinkle with black pepper. Stir in tomatoes, olives, artichokes, and oregano. Cover and simmer on low heat for approx. 5 minutes.
When quinoa is ready reserve 2 cups for breakfast the following morning. Divide the remaining quinoa into serving bowls and top with chicken mixture. Squeeze lemon juice over the top and serve!