A healthy, low carb version of a classic Mexican dish. It is gluten free, dairy free, and will keep everyone coming back for more!
- 2 heads of cauliflower (or 2 bags of frozen cauliflower rice)
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 T fresh minced garlic
- 1 jalapeño pepper (finely diced)
- 1 can of Rotel (tomatoes and green chiles)
- 1 cup of mixed vegetables (I used frozen, but you can also use canned veggies or cut up some of your favorite fresh vegetables)
- 1 chopped Roma tomato
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. chili pepper
- 1 T olive oil
- ½ T chopped cilantro
- Prepare the cauliflower. If using fresh cauliflower, dice in food processor until it reaches the appearance of rice. Be careful not to over-chop. If using frozen cauliflower rice, thaw using directions on package. Set aside.
- Put oil in skillet on medium heat. Add onion, jalapeño pepper, and garlic and sauté until translucent.
- Turn skillet to medium high heat and add the cauliflower, Rotel, mixed vegetables, roma tomato, salt, chili powder, and chili pepper. Stir everything together and let cook for 5 minutes (stirring at least once a minute to make sure nothing sticks to the pan).
- Add freshly chopped cilantro and serve!