If you are like me and don’t love cleaning the kitchen after a meal. (although it’s great because my kids now do it after dinner – Yeah!!) Here is a great recipe with very little clean-up. Everything is cooked in one pot.
- 2 ounce organic penne pasta or gluten free pasta
- 1 Chicken Sausage Link– thinly sliced (leave out for vegetarian option)
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 egg - beaten
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt (or dairy free plain yogurt)
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese (leave out for dairy free)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Ground salt and pepper to taste
Boil large pot of water add pasta. When pasta is cooked approximately ½ way add broccoli and sliced sausage. Cook until pasta is completely cooked and broccoli has softened. Drain. Put pasta, broccoli and sausage back in pot and immediately add egg to pasta and stir. Add yogurt, cheese, oil and pepper and serve. I love to make extra because it tastes great heated up the next day.