- 2 medium garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 lb medium size shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 TBS + 1 TBS fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 3 TBS low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup of your favorite peanut sauce (use gluten-free sauce for gluten-free)
Chop garlic and peel and devein shrimp. Marinate shrimp in 2 TBS lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Heat broth over medium-low heat in a stainless steel skillet. When broth begins to steam, add shrimp and sauté. Stir frequently. After 2 minutes, turn the shrimp over and add garlic. Sauté until shrimp are pink and opaque throughout (approximately 3 minutes). Cook 4-5 minutes for large shrimp. Shrimp cook quickly, so watch your cooking time or they will become tough. Dress with extra virgin olive oil and the remaining 1 TBS lemon juice. Serve with mixed greens and top with your favorite peanut sauce.