This tasty and hearty soup is part of our 3-day menu plan
. This menu plan is designed to allow you to make the most out of your food and meal prep. For this particular dish,we are assuming that you already have completed some of our 3-day menu plan prep work.
Here is the prep-work that is relevant for this soup:
- Prep - cut 1 red pepper, 1 onion, cup if carrots, and 1 zucchini and into small pieces. Toss in a bit of olive oil and then roast in the oven at 400 F for about 30 minutes. You will only use a portion of these roasted vegetables for your soup.
- Cook quinoa according to the instructions on the box. Set aside 1/2 cup for this recipe
- 1/2 cup of cooked quinoa
- 2 cups of chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup of your roasted vegetables from above
- *optional - you can add in a squeeze of lemon juice into this soup for a little extra zest!
Put all of your ingredients together into a small pot and cook on medium heat for about 10-15 minutes.