- 2 pounds of raw boneless, skinless chicken thighs or chicken breast (thawed not frozen, no need to cut into pieces)
- 24-oz jar of your favorite salsa (we used black bean and corn)
Place chicken in slow cooker. Add jar of salsa and toss the chicken. Turn slow cooker to low for 4-6 hours or high for 3-4. You want the chicken to be cooked to the point where it easily shreds. The salsa will keep it moist so don't worry too much about over cooking. Using 2 forks and keeping the chicken in the slow cooker, shred the chicken. Keep on warm setting until ready to serve!
(after cooking it's great to freeze some for later)
- Street tacos (shown in picture) - street taco sized corn tortillas, cabbage, lime juice and cilantro
- Use in the Roasted Vegetable Soup recipe on our site, or add to any broth/soup!
- Serve over cilantro-lime rice or cauliflower rice
- Chicken enchiladas
- Use as stuffing for stuffed bell peppers