- 2 lbs boneless chicken breast (can use thighs or tofu for vegetarian)
- 4 tbsp soy sauce or Braggs liquid aminos (divided)
- 3 tbsp minced ginger (divided)
- 1/4 flour (gf or reg)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil (can use coconut or avocado oil too)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 cups chopped broccoli (can use box chow, zucchini or your favorite veg.)
- 2 cups chopped red pepper
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped pineapple
- 1 tsp hot chili oil (adjust amount based on how spicy you like things)
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
put chicken in a large bowl. Add 2 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp minced ginger and stir well. Cover and put in fridge for at least 1 hour and up to 8 hours. Add 1/4 cup flour and stir well. Preheat oven or air fryer to 400°. Place chicken in single layer and cook (oven 30 minutes / air fryer 15 minutes). You may have to do chicken in batches in using air fryer as you want only a single layer.
Put oil in a pan and add 1 tbsp ginger and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes and add broccoli, peppers, onion. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until vegetables are crisp and tender. Add cooked chicken and stir.
I suggest using frozen pineapple and letting it thaw. Add pineapple and juices, chili oil, 2 tbsp soy sauce and 2 tbsp rice vinegar. Blend until smooth and pour over chicken and vegetables and still well.