- celery, cut up, bite-sized pieces - 1 cup
- red pepper, bite-sized pieces- 1 cup
- peas - 1 cup
- yellow onion, cut up and diced - 1 cup
- ground beef - 2 cups
- tomato paste - 1/4 cup
- chicken or veggie broth/stock - 3/4 cup
- dried basil - 2 tblsp
- cauliflower - 4 cups of chopped, cooked cauliflower (about 1 small head)
- milk - 1 cup milk
- Parmesan cheese - 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350 F.
First, cook ground beef and then set aside. Then, heat a large frying pan on medium or medium-high. Add in all the vegetables (celery, red pepper, and yellow onion) and cook until done. Leave in pan and set aside.
In separate mixing bowl add peas and tomato paste, dried basil, broth (could add 1 tsp of basil or thyme for extra flavor)
Add all of this and the cooked beef into the large frying pan with your cooked vegetables from before. Stir together and heat for about 5 minutes of medium-low. Then, scoop all the contents of this frying pan into a baking dish.
For the topping, blend cooked cauliflower, with milk, cheese. Cover veggie/meat mixture with the cauliflower mixture and then put in oven and cook for 30 minutes.