- 1 pounds orange fleshed sweet potatoes (about 3 large)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoons spice or spice combination of your choice (ideas - chipotle powder, smoked paprika, or pumpkin pie spice)
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Place a roasting pan or heavy duty baking sheet (one that can take high heat) in the oven to preheat.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut off the ends. Cut each piece into 1/4 to 1/2-inch thick wedges.
- Put the sweet potatoes into a large bowl and add the oil. Mix well to combine. Sprinkle with salt and spices of your choice.
- Remove the preheated baking sheet from the oven. Carefully spread the sweet potatoes out in a single layer on the baking sheet.
Bake for a total of 15 to 25 minutes. After the first 10 minutes, remove the baking sheet from the oven and use tongs to turn over all of the sweet potato pieces. Return to the oven and bake for another 5 to 15 minutes, or until desired crispness.