- 4 Poblano Peppers
- 1 tbsp oil (grapeseed or avocado are ideal)
- 2 cups diced zucchini
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 2 tomatoes, cut up into bite-sized pieces with the seeds removed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed (black or white beans)
- 1 cup plain yogurt (greek or normal)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (1/3 cup uncooked quinoa)
- 1 (15 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder or smoked paprika
- 3 tablespoons of goat cheese
- 1 can of spicy enchilada sauce
Wash the pepper well and let dry. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and put the peppers in the oven whole for about 5-10 minutes. Let cool for another 5-10 minutes.
Once cool, cut the peppers in half. Scoop out the seeds with a spoon and set aside. In a large pan, heat up oil over medium high heat. Once hot, cook up zucchini and onions for about 5-6 minutes.
Add in the chopped tomatoes and cook until tomatoes, zucchini and onion are soft. Add to your hot pan the quinoa, cumin, chili powder, black beans and yogurt. Mix together in the pan with large spoon. Stuff/ spoon mixture into peppers, and top each with a bit of crumbled goat cheese and enchilada sauce. Enjoy