- Ground Italian sausage - 1 pound (make sure your sausage does NOT have nitrates, if eating gluten-free ask your butcher if you sausage is gluten-free)
- Garlic - 3 cloves
- Potatoes - 3 medium sliced in bite size pieces (organic is best. if not organic you might want to peep potatoes)
- Chicken or Vegetable broth - low sodium, low fat 32 ounces (again organic if possible)
- Kale - 1 large bunch chopped
- 3/4 Cup Cashew or Coconut Milk
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
Put sausage and garlic in pot and completely cook sausage. Add sliced potatoes and chicken broth ito pot and cook over medium heat for 15 min. or until potatoes are slightly soft. Add chopped kale and milk to pot. Cover and cook until kale is wilted. I can make a meal out of this soup!!