- 1 15 oz can white or black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup quinoa (cooked)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (get organic if possible)
- salt and pepper to taste (around 1/2 tsp of each)
- 1/4 cup green onions, diced
- 1 tablespoon of oil (avocado or grape seed if possible)
- Options to eat with burgers: Large, portabella mushroom, eat burger on top of a salad or open faced with a piece of lettuce with some added cheese on top.
First, rinse and drain the beans. Cook quinoa according to package, and then mix together with beans, breadcrumbs and egg. Put mixture into a food processor or blender, and pulse/blend until coarse. Take out of blender and place into a bowl where you can stir salt and pepper and green onion into the mixture. Put oil into a pan, and turn on to medium heat. Once hot, form mixture into burger patty shapes and cook them over medium-high heat until brown on both sides. Serve with some of the options we’ve listed above and enjoy!