Did you know sweet potatoes are considered a super food? This root vegetable carries a wealth of health benefits and as an added bonus, can also help you lose weight.
Sweet potatoes are high in many important nutrients to fuel the body like vitamin A, vitamin C and manganese. In addition to these nutrients, sweet potatoes also contain riboflavin, phosphorus, vitamin E, vitamin K, calcium and iron. Because sweet potatoes have a good amount of fiber, it can help you manage and even lose weight by helping you feel full without adding a lot of extra calories to your diet. When you opt for a baked sweet potato instead of a bag of potato chips, for example, you’re not only eating fewer calories, you’re also less likely to feel hungry again an hour later which is always a huge bonus to eating healthy.
You may think having fries is out of the question when trying to eat healthy but we are about to change all that with these out of this world sweet potato fries!
World's Best Sweet Potato Fries
• Preheat over to 400°.
• Peal 2 large sweet potatoes
• Slice potatoes into the shape and size of fries.
• Coarsely shop fresh rosemary and squeeze with 1/2 of 1 large lemon.
• Place fries on clean cookie sheet and add 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, lemon juice, 1/4 cup avocado oil (great for high heat cookie but can use olive oil too) and salt and pepper to taste.
• Stir so all fries are covered with oil.
• Place in a single layer on a cookie sheet and place in hot oven.
• In 15 minutes check to see how they are browning and use a spatula to flip the fries if they aren't browning evenly on both sides.
• Cook for additional 15 minutes (about 30 minutes total cooking time). Pull out and enjoy!
Makes about 4 servings.
You may notice this potato isn't orange like a regular sweet potato. The white sweet potato has a slightly more crumbly and dry texture than an orange sweet potato, as well as a flavor that's slightly less sweet. While the white sweet potato does not boast as many nutrients as the orange sweet potato, it is still a healthier option than starchy potatoes.
See, we told you, world's best sweet potato fries that are simple, easy and healthy!