Chicken Vesuvio - Chicago Original and named for Mt. Vesuvio near Naples
- 6 chicken thighs with skin & bones
- 2 tbsp olive oil (divided)
- 1 tsp dried oregano seasoning
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 6 cloves garlic (divided)
- 2 cups Yukon Gold potato sliced
- ½ onion, chopped
- ⅔ cup dry white wine
- ⅔ cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp dried oregano seasoning
- 2 cups peas
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place chicken in a large ziplock bag or bowl. Add chicken, lemon juice, pepper, 4 cloves minced garlic, oregano,1 tbsp olive oil. Shake or stir well.
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Warm 2 tbsp olive oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken skin side down and cook until browned about 8 minutes. Flip and cook another 4 minutes.
- Remove chicken and put in baking pan
- Add potatoes and cook for 5 minutes or until brown.
- Remove potatoes and put in baking pan.
- Put 1 tbsp oil into the skillet, add wine and broth and scrape up brown bits. Add onions & garlic skillet and cook for 3 minutes. Add peas and stir. until potatoes slightly browned and onions soft.
- Pour pea mixture over chicken and put in oven uncovered for about 20 minutes.