Mexican Zucchini & Chicken Lasagna
1 cup finely diced peppers
1 cup ricotta cheese
1 cup cottage cheese
1 tsp cumin
3 cups salsa chicken
2 cups shredded / thinly sliced melting Mex cheese
1 cup crushed tomatoes
1 cup green salsa (can use red)
- Preheat the oven to 425°
- Slice zucchini into thin slices lengthwise. Coat with olive oil. Put on parchment paper (optional) and cook for 8 minutes. Remove zucchini and turn oven down to 350°.
- Mix together crushed tomatoes, salsa & cumin
- Mix cottage cheese, ricotta and eggs together
- Cover the bottom on an 8 x 8 baking pan with sauce to prevent sticking
- Lay down one layer of Zucchini to cover bottom of pan and cover with 1/2 the peppers, 1/2 of shredded chicken
- Spread 1/2 of cheese mixture over chicken
- Cover with shredded / sliced cheese
- Pour 1/2 of salsa and tomato mixture over cheese.
- Repeat with a layer of zucchini, chicken and peppers, ricotta and cottage cheese mixture
- Lay one more layer of zucchini on top and pour remaining salsa and tomato mixture over it
- Cover with foil and cook for 30 minutes
- Add remaining shredded cheese and broil until cheese is melted.
- Serve topped with fresh cilantro