- 3 peeled carrots
- 1 Cup Crushed Tomatoes (canned)
- 1 Zucchini - Diced
- 1 Small Cooked Sweet potato - diced
- 2 Peppers (any color you like)
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage or grass-fed ground beef
- *serve with additional toppings like hot sauce, some cut up avocado, a sprinkle of shredded cheese, or a dollop of plain greek yogurt.
Cut up carrots and place in small blender or food processor. Pulse until carrots are about the size of cooked rice. Put Italian sausage in large pan over med/high heat. Break apart sausage as it cooks. Cook for 5 min. and add carrots and zucchini and cook another 5 min - 10 minutes until veggies are soft. Add cooked sweet potato and crushed tomatoes and stir.
Cut top of peppers off and remove seeds. Place carrot mixture inside each pepper. Put into a small baking pan and place in preheated 325° oven for 30 min. or until pepper is soft.
Use any extra carrot mixture for breakfast the next day. Warm it and add a cooked egg on top of it. It's tasty and will keep you full for a while!
Makes 2 stuffed peppers