- 8 oz top round steak, 3/4 inch thick, trimmed of fat
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups mixed Asian greens or salad greens (look for pre-washed Asian-style salad miss at your supermarket)
- 1 cup sliced snow peas
- 1 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup thawed shelled edamame
- 1/4 cup dressing, such as Sesame Tamari Vinaigrette (recipe below)
Tamari Vinaigrette recipe:
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbs reduced sodium soy sauce, or liquid amino acids
- 1 tbs toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- Whisk all ingredients together.
Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. Coat small nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium heat. Add the steak and cook about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing. Combine greens, snow peas, bell pepper, cabbage, cilantro, edamame, and dressing a large bowl. Toss to coat. Top with steak.
- Chicken variation: Sub 8 oz cooked chicken tenders for the steak.
- Shrimp Variation: Sub 8 oz cooked, peeled shrimp for the steak.